Further to the recent call for nominations to refresh the CAS Wales Committee, I’m delighted to announce the new Committee members elected for an initial three-year term from 1 December 2017:
- Professor Gary Beauchamp (higher education, Cardiff Metropolitan University; previously primary background)
- Alex Clewett (Digital Leader for North Wales School improvement Service, Denbighshire)
- Ian Gillam (secondary Welsh medium in Caerphilly; previously Subject Officer for Computer Science/ICT at WJEC)
- Lyndsay Hope (secondary teacher, Monmouthshire; Leader of the Wye Borders Hub)
- Craig Jenkins (secondary teacher in Newport/PGCE ICT programme at University of South Wales; Leader of the Cardiff Hub)
- Dilwyn Owen (secondary Welsh medium, Vale of Glamorgan)
- Dr Dave Perkins (higher education, Bangor University; Leader of the North-West Wales Hub)
- Helen Phillips (higher education, Cardiff University)
- Emma Posey (secondary teacher, school governor; Leader of the Mid-Wales/Powys Hub)
- Stewart Powell (Technocamps Programme Coordinator, Swansea University)
- Dr Kapilan Radhakrishnan (higher education, UWTSD)
- Tomi Rowlands (secondary Welsh medium, Machynlleth)
It is great to see so much support for CAS in Wales — we had a superb response to the call for nominations, which was discussed, sifted and shortlisted by the nominations committee, and then formally approved by the main CAS Board. The new Committee will meet for the first time in January, to set priorities and identify activities for 2018.
Didn’t see that call, but if there is ever a future need for committee members, please bear me in mind.
Apologies Mike — yes, of course!
Llongyfarchiadau Ian a Dilwyn