As has become customary, I list the most popular posts of the year*; as usual, a combination of research, education, policy, ranting and general miscellany. Unsurprisingly, the majority of my visitors are from the UK and US, direct from search engines or via social media. As per recent years, I’m still receiving a significant amount of traffic to this post from 2013.
The top five posts for 2016 (only 30 this year, 327 in total):
- The Digital Competence Framework is now available
- A Primer on Email Etiquette
- Software Citation Principles
- Open letter to the UK Government on the draft Investigatory Powers Bill
- Control of Space Invaders and Other Electronic Games (1981)
Nothing of particular interest in the search terms this year (apart from “smart crick”); however, I am still delighted to be on the first Google search page for the wonderful phrase “eddies in the space time continuum”…
Thank you all for reading! See you back here in 2017.